BLOXHUB Debates – April
April 28 @ 15:00 - 16:15
Buildings and the built environment were originally designed to protect people and our belongings from the outside. But in 2021 a building is much more than that. Buildings can have healing effects, it can reduce the risk of fatal vira, and it can increase our learning abilities to mention a few. However, such a building isn’t free and requires a broad variety of competences in the design phase.
In this debate, we will discuss and demonstrate the positive effects of a well designed building, if we can afford it, and what is holding us back.
In the debate we will discuss (not limited to):
- How can design and architecture influence how we use a building?
- Is it possible to change/adapt old schools to the needs of the 2021 schools within the current budgets?
- How do we evaluate the design, do we need new KPI’s or are the old ones good enough.
- How do you measure architecture’s impact on health and well-being?
- Is it possible to design a building for one specific use, but maintain a flexibility in the building so the next tenant easily can change it to their needs and thereby reduce the total CO2 footprint.
Moderator er Oliver Schulze