- This event has passed.
BLOXHUB Debates: The value of sound – How do we get better acoustics in architecture?
March 17, 2021 @ 16:00 - 17:15
Our indoor climate has a significant impact on our health and cognitive functions. Study after study shows that our wellbeing and performance improves dramatically with higher rates of ventilation, optimal humidity, lightning, noise control and well-designed spaces.
So, what does it take to turn that knowledge into action?
Join our next debate in our series on Healthy Buildings, where we take a look into sound and acoustics in public buildings and office environments and pose the following questions:
- Do our buildings sound healthy?
- How do sustainable sounding buildings sound?
- Can acoustics be aesthetically designed?
- Why are we still building schools and hospitals with no thought of acoustics?
- Where in the building phase is it going wrong?
The panelists consist of a wide range of representatives from the value chain. They will share their take on what we lack and what we have to conceive in order to create better acoustics.
Moderator: Morten Roar Berg, Ecophon
- Anne Mette Boye. Stadsarkitekt / Chief City Architect, Arkitekt MAA, Ph.d. Aarhus Kommune
- Marie Koldkjær Højlund, Sound artist and composer, Assistant Professor in Sound Studies at Aarhus University (PhD Audio Design)
- Pierre Marie, Acoustics specialist at VELFAC, former acoustic consultant for TRUST projects at Sweco
- Jesper Bo Andersen, Chief Consultant in Acoustics and Noise, Rambøll
- Gitte Andersen is Global Head of Workplace Management & Design at SIGNAL Group, Head of SIGNAL UK
- Andrew Parkin, Partner, Global Head of Acoustics, Cundall
- Maria Snerftrup, Primary school teacher
Sign up via form below: